Project Management Fundamentals
Assignment 1: Project Selection & Project Management Basics
The assignment is to be prepared in the following format:
1. Report style (no covering letter required)
2. Font should be commonly used one such as Times New Roman, 10-12 point.
3. The assignment should be roughly about 3000 words with about 20% variation.
4. Use appropriate citations with an appropriate list of references in Harvard AGPS6 style (see USQ library website for details) (minimum expectation is 5 references)
5. Assignment is to be submitted as a single file (attached to this mark sheet).
In this assignment you are required to perform two key tasks:
Task 1: Selection of a charter for a project case study
You need to select a project charter for a project. The charter can be selected from a project you have worked earlier or can be selected through internet search. You should select a project you have familiarity or experience with. You should have the following in task 1:
1. Discuss the nature of the chosen project, its organisational context, and its general background.
2. If you have supporting documents of the chosen project you may include them as an appendix
Task 2: Analysing the project charter
In this task you need to analyse a Project Charter for the project identified in Task 1.
1. Identify key structure of a charter according to theory through research. You should use credential resources such as books, journals, online articles etc. to establish what components a project charter should have as per theory.
2. Perform comparative analysis of your chosen charter against the theory. Here you need to discuss how your selected project charter is similar to or different from the theoretical structure you established in the earlier task.