Power point presentation
Please use current reference with in the last 6 years and my required text should be part of my reference list: please used articles with doi number.
OMeara, M. & Watton, D.J. (Eds.). (2011). Advanced Paediatric Life Support (5 ed. Australia and New Zealand). Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell.
Hockenberry, M. & Wilson, D. (2015). Wongs Nursing Care of Infants and Children (10th ed.). St. Louis, Missouri: Mosby.
In your role as a health care practitioner there is an expectation that you will provide nursing care and relevant information to children/ families and other staff members in regards to issues surrounding acute and/or chronic illnesses in children. You need to ensure that the information you provide is evidenced based, best practice and current.
For this assignment you are required to develop a PowerPoint presentation on your chosen topic and provide either audio or written commentary for each slide.
This assignment will enable you to reflect on your scenario and identify issues about which you need to be more knowledgeable. You will have an opportunity to rigorously critique relevant literature and develop strategies to better address the original scenario. This knowledge should enable you to more competently and comprehensively address such issues should they occur in the future.
Specifically, in this assignment you are expected to:
1. Identify a scenario in which you have been involved relating to the nursing management of a child and his/her family. This scenario should be one in which issues relating to the nursing intervention proved to be problematic and or complex. Ensure that the scenario is relevant, clear and realistic.
2. Reflect and critically analyse the scenario that you have described and discuss the key issues which you deem were problematic and/or complex. Discuss how these issues impacted on the nursing care of the child and his/her family.
3. Critically analyse, synthesize and evaluate a range of literature, particularly research based literature, on treatment modalities and nursing interventions available on the issues described in the scenario.
Apply your learning from the literature critique to develop strategies through which you might better address the key issues you identified from the scenario. Provide a rationale as to why you are recommending these strategies.
4. In your conclusion you should summarise key points identified in your literature critique and discuss the implications for advanced clinical practice.
5. The power point should either have audio commentary or speaker notes that correlate to each power point slide. The audio commentary or speakers notes support the presentation and contribute to learning. The audio commentary should be no longer than 15 to 20 minutes and the word count for the speaker notes should be less than 1000 words.
6. Guidelines for your power point presentation
10 slides to be submitted (not including title page and references)
First slide: Title and students name
Last slide: References
APA referencing to be used and references to be listed on each slide (may be in a smaller font)
Marks will be allocated for the quality, clarity and creativity of your power point slides.
NB. The situation / scenario you identify should not have been used previously in this or any other course.
Excellent presentation of relevant scenario. Outstanding reflection and critical analysis on the scenario. Key issues are clearly and concisely identified. Demonstrates superior understanding of how this issue impacted the child/ family. Exceptional, very well developed, insightful, original& innovative strategies identified that is superbly written and is concise. Demonstrated originality of thought. Supported by synthesis of the literature. A superior, clear and comprehensive conclusion. Key findings from the literature and implications for advanced clinical practice clearly and concisely identified. Speaker notes/ audio exceptional, engaging and innovative. Assists the audience to gain a comprehensive understanding of the content in the presentation. Exceptional/ superior PowerPoint presentation. Innovative and creative. PowerPoint presentation guidelines met.